At Kopa, the safety of our users is crucial. We work to protect Kopa users through the following steps:
- All Kopa users are required to upload a profile picture, write in their "About Me" section, and verify their phone number and email address.
- Hosts are additionally verified by adding a government-issued ID and randomized selfie.
- Renters are required to upload a digital copy of an employment offer letter or a transcript for proof of employment and/or education, respectively. These documents are available for host review to help the renter approval process.
- Renters are required to complete a preliminary rental application via Kopa in order to book a space on the Kopa marketplace.
- Hosts are encouraged to use the preliminary rental application and provided documents to evaluate the renter, and they are welcome to ask for their own background/security check.
All Kopa users are encouraged to secure rental insurance through their own providers to insure their personal items and personal property from any unexpected damage or loss.