Process of cancelling a booking
- Message your host to communicate the change. Ask your host how much of what you already paid will be returned to you and any next steps needed from them.
- Email the Kopa Customer Success team at [email protected]. In that email, include the refund agreed upon by you and your host.
- The Kopa team will reach out to your host for confirmation. Once confirmed, we will process the cancellation and return the funds to your original payment method.
- When you cancel a booking, you will be charged a $75 cancellation fee.
- When you are the party requesting the cancellation, your service fees will not be refunded.
- Your host and lease determine how much money you'll receive back from your security deposit.
- If you have not moved in, in almost all cases, your host will return your first and last month's rent and any cleaning fees that you paid in advance.
- If you have moved in, your host may have the right to keep or ask for the remaining rent based on their terms and the lease you signed with them.
- If the renter cancels, any credit card processing fees are not returned and each renter on the booking is charged a $75 cancellation fee
- If the host cancels, any credit card processing fees are returned to the renter and the host is charged a $75 cancellation fee